Friday, August 31, 2012

There are days when I miss St. Louis too! But mainly certain people who are still there (*Esthur*). The arch still looks pretty with clouds overhead. Mama Nogin has a couple of awesome kids, her birthday surprise looked fun and sweet :) And your dad's so lucky to be in France! This article is a bit dated, but if it's true, the French have really figured out the system. I want to contribute to society and still have time for a life. When I studied abroad there it seemed like they rarely worked- Saturdays, Sundays, and Wednesdays were their days off and Mondays were a half day- sounds perfect to me! So a good friend of mine won a competition last year that was held at school and the sweater she made is finally being sold by Urban Outfitters. It looks so warm and comfy; I know where part of my next pay check is going...though, I may be getting a Macbook Pro soon. Current laptop dying + old and dated Adobe Suite + huge project aspirations + thesis next semester = Updated technology! I've already come to terms with the fact that I'll be eating carrots and frozen peas for the remainder of the semester. Poverty is an interesting diet. I'm sorry to hear that school is already beating you to the ground. But seriously, you're awesome Ritata! Not many people can say they've survived college with a triple major and a minor while doing well in school + a member of an honors fraternity, then straight to grad school for a Masters, then straight to grad school again for a degree in TWO concentrations while maintaining a social life, a long distance relationship, and long distance friendships. You're one of the most brilliant people I know so don't let school get you down. Dapper chicken baby completely agrees:
Whilst sifting through the collection of photos on my computer I noticed that the most recent photo of the three of us was from Esthur's graduation. Four years ago (?) I think we should remedy this horrific problem asap. I think Rita and I look a bit older now (oh, the wears and tears of grad school), but Esthur, girlfriend, you're like a freaking time lord. You haven't aged a day!
Recently, I sold my first listing on ebay and amazon! Welcome to the 20th century, I know.  Have a great Labor Day weekend! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment